Serving the Denver Metro Area from Castle Rock to Boulder
Signs You Have a Honey Bee Problem
- Bees are about a half inch long
- Black and yellow striping
- Pollen collects in a ball around hind legs
- Have hairy eyes
- Major factor in determining problematic bees
- Hive near frequented area can increase stings
- Hive in home can lead to property damage
Doesn’t match the signs you see? Return to Pests Page.
If you think you have a honey bee problem, please call or contact Animal & Pest Control Specialist, Inc, serving homes across the Front Range, including Denver, Evergreen, and Castle Rock.
Honey Bee Nuisance Concerns:
- Sting can be painful, and dangerous to people with allergies
- Hive in the home can damage structure
Honey Bee Removal:
- APCS recommends not poisoning the bees
- Live removal where they vacuum up the bees and remove the hive
- APCS comes back and seals the entry
General Information about Honey Bees:
- Honeybee colonies usually have one fertile “Queen Bee” that produces eggs from spring to fall.
- Worker bees usually feed on nectar and pollen.
- Bees are usually most active during the day, and can be active year round depending on location and region.