Serving the Denver Metro Area from Castle Rock to Boulder
Signs You Might Have Mice
- Very small
- Along the wall or in cupboards
- Sometimes urine can be found
- Gnaw through packages
- Carry food to stash in nest
- Gnaw on seemingly random objects
- Gnaw to make entrances/exits to nest
- Carry away soft material
- Scratching and skittering is most often heard
- Sometimes squeaking can be heard
Doesn’t match the signs you see? Return to Pests Page.
If you think you have a mouse problem, please call or contact Animal & Pest Control Specialist, Inc, serving homes across the Front Range, including Denver, Evergreen, and Castle Rock.
Mice Nuisance Concerns:
- Can squeeze into 1/4 inch openings, giving many entry points
- They love to nest in dresser drawers, closets, garages, kitchens, pantries, bathrooms, furniture, etc. They will gnaw on anything, including electrical wires, books and furniture.
- Carry diseases such as salmonella
- APCS will set up bait stations, using anything from blocks, pellets to seeds
- Do not vacuum or sweep droppings—can spread bacteria
- Cleanup is offered.
General Information about Mice:
- Usually will only travel no more than 30 feet away from their nest or food
- Have 5-10 litters per year consisting of 5-6 babies per litter